Sunday, January 25, 2009

Black or White? - by Bisanda, MP

Gray areas often evolve in the choices that we make.
Should I stay or should I go? Should I give or should I take?

Should I forgive and forget, that you raped and killed the women in my home?
Or should I revenge and regret, but see justice carried on?

Should I suffer long your abusive hand, put a smile and pretend you’re my caring dad?
Or should I rebel and take my stand, and cause you some pain for driving me mad?

Should I quit or should I stay? I’m overworked like a mule!
But I need this pay, for my kids are still in primary school!

Pro-life or pro-choice? I know I made this mistake.
But my education is no choice, yet a life I cannot take.

Single and satisfied? Yet, no one to have and to hold!
Or married and terrified? But there are exceptions, I am told.

How can I kneel and say thanks, when I just lost my best friend?
And the financial crisis confusing our banks - Must they withhold or must they lend?

Should I deny this offer, an incentive to ease my financial pain?
Or be bribed by these scoffers, and lavish on evil gain?

Should I do what is right, and watch my sister die?
Or bribe the doctors tonight, but save her life while the poor cry?

Black or white? Sometimes it’s not so clear!
The deceptive sight – falsehood and truth so near!

3 comments:

vihash said...

For the next presidential inauguration, if I could have a choice, I would pick you to do the poetry part. This is very true and well said. Sometimes we find ourselves in difficult situations, longing to take wrong choices for the right reasons.

Anonymous said...

True spit....do you have any other poems I can read? I am a bit of a poet myself.

Mugisha Philip Bisanda said...

hi Barnabas... will post 'em within 'e next few days. Thx!